Here is a series of basic English grammar lessons covering most of the English grammar tenses and most-used structures.
Do you have a question about the correct usage of the semicolon or how to place adverbs in a sentence? If so, you’ve come to the right place. These pages are a complete English grammar guide filled with the rules of English usage.
These lessons want to provide the learners with the basic grammatical structures in an easily comprehensible style.
Parts of Speech
Review of Verbs
- Simple Present Tense
- Present Progressive Tense
- Simple Past Tense
- Past Progressive Tense
- Present Perfect Tense
- Simple Future Tense
Nouns and Articles
- Noun Basics
- Count Nouns
- Articles a and an
- Noncount Nouns
- The Article the
- Quantifiers with Count and Noncount Nouns
- Functions of Nouns in a Sentence
- Possessive Forms of Nouns
- Subject-Verb Agreement: Present Tense Verbs, Negative Verbs, With be (present tense) and With be (past tense)
- Subject-Verb Agreement: With Indefinite Pronouns, Subject + Prepositional Phrase + Verb and With there + be
- What Are Modals?, Modals for Requests and Permission, Modals of Ability, Modals of Necessity
- Modals of Possibility and Probability, Modals of Advisability and Suggestion, Negative Modals, Questions with Modals: Review