Learn English Grammar: Lesson 7 – Conjunctions
A conjunction is a word that connects parts of a sentence together.
In the middle of a sentence: and, but, or, so
- Ex: Central America includes Nicaragua, Guatemala, and Honduras.
- Ex: At this school, students can study Japanese or Chinese.
- Ex: He travels for his job, so he is often out of town.
In the middle OR at the beginning: because, although, when, before, after
- Ex: He speaks Spanish because he is from Mexico.
- Ex: Because he is from Mexico, he speaks Spanish.
- Ex: The car had problems before I bought it.
- Ex: Before I bought the car, it had problems