Learn English Phrases & Idioms through Real Life Situations
The lesson will introduce English learners to the common phrases and idioms through stories. The video will both entertain and enlighten students while providing exposure to how each idiom can be used in a variety of contexts.
Each story has 10 idioms and phrases. The definitions may explain the idiom in simple terms or use synonyms or other idioms to build a student’s understanding of the meaning underlying each idiom.
- come across = find by chance
- dress up = wear fancy clothes for a special occasion
- fall asleep = go to sleep
- fill out = write all of the information needed on a form or application
- in retrospect = looking back at the past
- on the whole = in general; all things considered
- set out = leave; begin a journey
- wait on = serve someone in a restaurant
You will learn these idioms, phrases through a story, it will help you learn better
Topic 3: Get lost
Topic 4: A gift from boyfriend
Topic 5. A new apartment.
Topic 6. School reunion party
Topic 7. Mother’s lesson
Beside, Tony Illustrated English bring to you a lot of series that you can learn such as:
- How to Speak English Fluently like an American in just 1 Month – Part 1,2,3
- Illustrated American Idioms
- Short stories for Learning English
- How to Learn English effectively through short stories (Improve 4 skills)
- Illustrated Phrasal Verbs 1 – Topic: Education
- Illustrated Basic Conversations | 36 Daily Topics – Level 1
Our partner: Tony Illustrated English
“An image is worth a thousand words“. I believe most people have heard this saying before. According to some research, 85% of Internet users will be more impressed with the images. The human brain absorbs data through images faster and takes much longer memory than words. Therefore, learning English with pictures/illustration will affect the brain much more effective than learning English in common words.