B: Honey? It’s me . . .
A: Where are you?
B: At the station. I missed my train so I’m going to be late.
A: Oh, that’s too bad. Will you get back in time to pick up the kids?
B: I don’t think so. Can you get them?
A: No problem.
B: Make sure they start their homework.
A: Don’t worry. What time do you think you’ll be home?
B: Probably in about an hour. How was your day?
A: Well, I worked for a few hours at the computer, and then I got sleepy, so I took a nap.
B: You took a nap! You’re so lucky you work at home. I can’t take a nap in the office, you know.
A: But I also did the laundry and the dishes. You can’t do those things at the office.
B: Well, that’s true. Hey, what’s for dinner?
A: Chicken. It’ll be ready when you get home.
B: I can’t wait. I love your chicken.
A: And I love you. See you around 6:30?
B: I hope so. See ya.
- miss (my/the) train/bus = not get on a train or bus because you arrive late at the station or bus stop
- get back = arrive at the place you started from
- in time to (do something) / in time for (something) = before it is too late
- no problem= say this when someone asks you to do something, and you are happy to do it
- make sure = make certain/definite
- get sleepy= You become tired and then feel like you can sleep
- take a nap = sleep for a short time
- do (the) (my) laundry = wash the clothes
- do the dishes = wash the dishes
- get home= arrive at home
- can’t wait (to/for) = want something good to happen very soon
- (I) hope so. = I want that to happen