A: Did you see the last season of Game of Thrones?
B: Yep.. I’ve got to say, I’m a little disappointed. I thought it would be better.
A: Me too. It felt so rushed. They tried to do too much. But.. the special effects were amazing. I mean.. that dragon scene was epic.. It looked so real.
B: Shocking wasn’t it. They burnt everyone alive.
A: Well. Now that the season is done I need something new to watch. Any recommendations?
B: Did you see Wu-Tang?
A: What’s that? Wu- Tang? As in the rap group?
B: Yeah. they have a tv series. It’s pretty cool.
A: No way. That’s great. Is it any good?
B: Not bad. It won’t win any awards but it’s interesting to learn about them.
A: It’s a documentary?
B: No. It’s a drama. But it’s based on real life.
A: Okay. So. what’s been your favourite tv show this year?
B: Definitely Mr Robot.
A: Oh. Yeah. It’s quite good isn’t it. It really makes you think.
B: Yep. But probably we should be exercising more. Less tv more exercise.
season (n): a group of tv episodes, usually for 1 year.
- Ex: The first season of Friends was very funny.
to make you think – something makes you think about life
- Ex: That photograph really makes you think.
- Ex: That film really makes you think.
based on + something: usually describes fiction that describes something real
- Ex: There was a film about Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook that was based on really life.
epic – slang – really amazing
- Ex: That show was epic. That concert was epic!
documentary (n) – a non-fiction film about real life
- Ex: I watched a documentary about Tokyo recently. It’s a very interesting city.
special effects (n) – the computer graphics in a film or tv show
- Ex: The special effects in the new Star Wars movie are very good. But the acting is terrible.