Here you go. Enjoy the movie!
Would you mind moving over one,so my friend and I can sit together?
No, not at all.
Thanks a lot!
- The 3:30 show Movies are shown at different times throughout the day. This refers to the movie that starts at 3:30. Notice the emphasis on 3:30.
- Enjoy the movie! Notice how the intonation rises on movie. This is said in a friendly way, and is followed by an exclamation point.
- Would you mind is a polite way to ask “Can you do something for me?” Notice the verb ends in “-ing.” Compare this structure to “Would you mind if I” plus a verb that ends in “-ed” (Would you mind if I opened the window?).
- Moving over one Here “one” is short for “one seat.”
- No, not at all is a way of saying “No, I don’t mind” or “I will be glad to.” Notice the answer to “Would you mind” is in the negative form.
Souce: Embassy of the United States of America