Hey! How did your physics exam go?
Not bad, thanks. I’m just glad it’s over! How about you …
how’d your presentation go?
Oh, it went really well. Thanks for helping me with it!
No problem. So … do you feel like studying tomorrow for
our math exam?
Yeah, sure! Come over around 10:00, after breakfast.
All right. I’ll bring my notes.
- Hey! is a friendly expression meaning “hello.”
- How did your physics exam go? is a way of saying “How was your physics exam?”
- I’m just glad … Notice the stress on “glad.” “Just” is used for emphasis before an
- How about you … Notice the intonation falls here because the speaker is going to
follow it up with a detailed question.
- How’d your presentation … Notice the contraction for “How did” sounds like /howdj/
and “your” sounds like /yer/.
- Do you feel like here has the meaning of “do you want to.” Notice “do you feel like” is
followed by an “-ing” verb (studying).
- Come over here has the meaning of “come to my house.”
- Notes Students take notes about what the teacher says during a lecture.
Souce: Embassy of the United States of America